When it comes to inbound marketing the first requirement is producing quality and relevant content for your readers. At some point of their career a marketer is expected to develop high quality content for an industry that they are not familiar with. Unlike in the past, you cannot get away with writing shallow content.
Tips on Writing Quality Content
- When you are writing content on an alien subject you need to learn the industry’s lingo. You can start by learning some of the important definitions used in the industry. If you do not know anything about the industry you can begin by studying material for someone at the beginner’s level. There are blogs that usually tag their content by skill level so as to allow the audience to read content that is within their understanding. Industry forums will also provide you with a wealth of information as well.
- Your ability to parse content will improve as your level of understanding increases. Subscribe and read newsletters and blogs. With time you will be in a position to understand content found in eBooks and whitepapers. As you continue to read literature your understanding of the lingo will get better. This will give you better insight on the subject matter. As you gather more information on the subject you will start asking questions arising from the desire to learn more. Once you find yourself yearning for additional information it means that your knowledge gap is reducing.
- Make sure that you interact with the experts; you can find them with the aid of social ranking tools. With the right research tools you should be in a position to identify the major players of the industry. Identifying the key players gives you a chance to access content that they deem important. If the content is beyond your skill level, bookmark it for future reference.
- Find the time to attend live industry events such as meet up groups and tradeshows. By attending the events you get to familiarize yourself with the industry’s lingo. You also get to acquire sufficient information needed for conversational purpose. At the events you earn details that can only be acquired through interaction with experts. While you are at the functions you can ask some of the questions that have been nagging you about the subject matter.
- There are some people who feel that they have to attend classes in order to compile high quality content. However, in order for the class to be beneficial to you, you need to undergo self-learning. Coursework works for marketers that have to create advanced content. There are some online learning communities that offer online and multi-personal training. In case you are not comfortable with online courses you can attend adult education courses. If you are lucky your employer will offer to pay your tuition fee.
- Once you have a foothold in the industry you can create a circle of trust with experts. Make sure that the people you engage with are knowledgeable and respectable. These people will help you make a transition to higher skill levels. They will help you create high quality content by exchanging ideas, share new information and introduce new content to the group.
- In order to come up with relevant content you should have your own point of view. Understand the expert’s opinions on the industry’s trajectory, weight different views and come up with your own opinions. Make sure that your ideas are not formed in a vacuum, discuss, scrutinize and analyze supplementary views.
Get PageLadder Posts by Email
Latest posts by Raleigh (see all)
- Respecting Your Expert’s Time with an Efficient Content Extraction Process - February 5, 2014
- It’s Time to Change the Way We Think About Blog Comments - January 14, 2014
- Turn Leads Into Raving Fans: What to Keep Doing - January 7, 2014