Entrepreneurs know branding is vital to a thriving business. Without a good branding strategy your company could get lost in the shuffle. Your company needs to stand out from it’s competitors by having a strong voice in your industry. Even a very small company can have a powerful voice if branding is handled properly.
To be successful you and your company have to be perceived as being an authority on the subject. When you speak people have to listen to you. Your community of followers needs to be engaged with you and look upon you as an expert in your field. They will then follow your blogs, share their thoughts and in general talk you up.
Techniques For Personal Branding
How do you build up that authority in your field of expertise? There are some basic things you can do to build up your brand. These will show your personality and leadership in the industry. A few of these techniques follow:
- Blogging – This occurs both on your blog and as you guest blog for others. Over time you can establish yourself as an expert in your particular field and build an audience. Blogs can be written and posted within minutes. This can have an almost immediate impact on followers.
- Social Media – You know you need to be on social media. In today’s world this is a key component of your marketing plan. What you are looking for here is quality instead of quantity. A few key followers in your industry that will spread your word can be a huge asset. Don’t try to get on every social media site. Study your market and pick and choose which to join.
- Face time – This means getting out and meeting people face to face. Step away from your computer and online activities. Make the rounds at conferences and classes. Teach a class. Learn as much as you can from other. Press some flesh as people often say. Many of these people will become your followers if you attend industry events.
- Online classes – There is no doubt that online activities are a must in today’s world. A great way to spread your name, and brand, is to teach an online class. You will be deemed an expert in your field and this could lead to speaking engagements and other activities that will put you in front of people.
- Webinars and Ebooks – These can greatly enhance your exposure to other. Multimedia is all the rage today. Use these platforms to to help people learn. Customers want to be educated and they will follow someone they trust. Build up your credibility by the strategical use of webinars, ebooks and even whitepapers.
These tips should give you a few ideas to get started on your personal branding. The key is just to put yourself out there. Let people know who you are and what you think.
The best way to garner interest and get results for your business is to build a great personal brand. To do this you have to be an authority in your industry. More than being an authority though you have to have people listen to what you say. If no one is listening it does not matter how much you know!
So put yourself out in the business world. Let people know who you are and what you have to say. Build an audience. Grow your business.
Get PageLadder Posts by Email
Latest posts by Raleigh (see all)
- Respecting Your Expert’s Time with an Efficient Content Extraction Process - February 5, 2014
- It’s Time to Change the Way We Think About Blog Comments - January 14, 2014
- Turn Leads Into Raving Fans: What to Keep Doing - January 7, 2014